Cardiff M&S have today reassured customers that they will be remaining open to support customers, although outlets only selling clothing and home will be temporarily closed – customers can still order these items online.
The company said in a statement today that they fully support the government’s efforts to protect our NHS and save lives, and explained that in order to help keep all customers and colleagues well, Cardiff stores have now implemented additional social distancing measures including:
- At busy times, customers will be greeted by a colleague who will manage the number of customers in store at any one time.
- Trollies, baskets, screens and all touch points will be cleaned hourly and stores are being deep cleaned overnight
- Customers will be asked to remain 2m apart from other customers in store, and stores have put markings on the floor to assist with this when queueing
- Staff will be shelf-filling out of hours to give customers more space
- Colleagues now carry hand sanitiser and have had time built into their shifts to allow them to wash their hands every half hour.
- Sneeze guards have been installed on tills, and customers are asked to pay by card where possible
- Contactless payments limited is increasing to £45 from 1 April
- Customers are asked not to scan their Sparks card at this time but to use the link on M&S.com to have points added at home
For more information in Cardiff, customers are asked to check the following tool here that gives you up to date details of Marks & Spencer Cardiff hours, as well as other stores in your area.
Customers can still access Marks & Spencer Cardiff by using the doors to the Foodhall if the main doors are closed.
Finally, to help make sure everyone can shop for the food they need, M&S have reserved the first hour of trading on certain days for specific customer groups.
The company said in a statement:
“To help make sure everyone can shop for the food they need, we have reserved the first hour of trading on certain days for our older and vulnerable customers, and for our brilliant NHS and emergency workers. We ask customers for cooperation and to respect the following and check online for your local store opening times.”