ODEON Cardiff at The Red Dragon Centre, Cardiff’s leading entertainment venue, will reopen from August 21, just in time for Christopher Nolan’s highly anticipated spy thriller Tenet.
Following the success of 29 reopened ODEON UK & Ireland cinemas in July and August, the new phase of the UK’s largest cinema chain’s reopening sees a further 70 cinemas, including the venue at The Red Dragon Centre, open their doors ahead of the action-packed thriller’s release on August 26.
Written and directed by Christopher Nolan, Tenet follows the journeys of its characters on their espionage mission to save the world. Its star-studded cast includes Michael Caine, Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki and John David Washington. Film fans can purchase their tickets now to ensure they bag a seat for the release.
To ensure guests can enjoy the safer cinema experience in the most controlled environment, ODEON has worked with the UK Cinema Association and UK Government to introduce enhanced health and safety measures to each site. These safety measures include:
- Contactless experience, including booking online and contactless ticket checks in cinema and contactless till payments for purchasing food and drinks
- Range of ‘Grab & Go’ pre-packaged food and drinks including a bottled drink, Butterkist popcorn and a bag of sweets to improve speed of service
A Safer Space:
- Limited seats on sale for each show and guaranteed unoccupied seats between guests to meet social distancing requirements, whilst enabling family groups and social bubbles to sit together
- Staggered show start times to reduce queues, with safe queuing measures in place such as floor markings and cinema host support
- Newly serviced air conditioning that ensures fresh air is delivered into all screens
Enhanced cleaning by well-trained teams
- More frequent cleaning routines on all high contact areas of the cinema guest journey
- Guest sanitiser stations offering complimentary sanitising gels and wipes
- Teams diligently trained on safety and hygiene measures, equipped with PPE, including face coverings and gloves
Carol Welch, Managing Director UK & IRE, said: “We are pleased to announce the reopening of 70 additional cinemas across the UK, just in time to screen the season’s biggest film, Tenet. It has been wonderful to receive such positive guest feedback on our recent reopenings and we can’t wait to keep sharing the magic of cinema with more film fans across the nation.”
Nick Price, General Manager at ODEON Cardiff, said: “We are thrilled to be reopening at our home in The Red Dragon Centre, allowing film fans to enjoy the cinema experience in a safe way. We have worked closely with both the Centre and ODEON to ensure that we can welcome back visitors and are excited to be showing new blockbuster Tenet as well as big screen classics such as Inception, The Karate Kid and Jurassic Park.”
The Red Dragon Centre, which houses ODEON Cardiff, has also introduced a number of additional safety measures with the wellbeing of both visitors and staff at the heart. The range of measures include a one-way system through the Centre, queuing systems within internal venues, cashless payment systems where possible and an enhanced cleaning regime.