Third sector organisations in Neath Port Talbot are being urged not to miss their chance to bid for a share of more than half a million pounds worth of funding.
Often referred to as voluntary sector, non-governmental or non-profit organisations, the groups have until Friday 14 October to submit applications for the council’s Third Sector Grant Funding Scheme 2023-24.
Voluntary groups, community organisations and social enterprises can submit applications in three categories – support for core funding over £1,000, support for activities under £1,000 and support of £1,000 or more for activities relating to costs other than core funding, such as projects.
Cllr. Simon Knoyle, Cabinet Member for Finance, Performance and Social Justice said:
“The significant amount set aside for our Third Sector Grant Funding Scheme for the next financial year is testament to the value that we as a council place on our relationship with the sector, and to our recognition of the contribution it makes in supporting the wellbeing of local people and communities.
“Continued working with our incredible volunteers and Third Sector organisations, will help to make a real difference to people’s lives across the county borough, and contribute to our aim that all our communities are thriving and sustainable.”
In this round of funding the council is specifically focusing the grant fund on activities that demonstrate:
- How proposed activities will support the delivery of the council’s policies and priorities. These are summarised in the council’s corporate plan 2022-2027
- How proposed activities will reduce demand on council services
- How council funding will be used to lever in additional resources in support of council policies and priorities are particularly welcomed.
- Financial sustainability – the council will wish to be satisfied that the applicant is not dependent on continuing council funding to achieve financial sustainability.
- A focus on activities that will help community groups / societies recover from the pandemic
- Further developing community capacity / collaboration – building from the community action that supported the response to the Covid-19 pandemic
Applicants can apply online at www.npt.gov.uk/thirdsectorgrants, alternatively, application forms can be downloaded from the same web page or paper copies can be obtained by ringing (01639) 686567 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org