Property or business owners located in one of Bridgend county borough’s urban centres are being invited to apply now for grants of up to £10,000 for outdoor adaptations that facilitate social distancing in external areas.
The funding can be used towards a variety of adaptations ranging from outdoor canopies and igloo bubbles to outdoor furniture and planters.
Called the Urban Centre Property Enhancement: Covid-19 Recovery Fund, it provides funding of up to 80 percent of total eligible improvement costs – up to a maximum value of £10,000. A minimum of 20 percent of the total project costs will need to be met by the applicant.
Bridgend’s urban centres include the commercial core areas of Bridgend, Maesteg, Porthcawl, Pencoed and Pyle.
Bridgend County Borough Council’s cabinet member for regeneration Charles Smith said: “The funding supports improvements that facilitate social distancing in external areas where customers and members of the public congregate, whether waiting, dining or resting. This grant scheme is one of several aimed at supporting businesses at this challenging time.”
Eligible items for grant funding include:
- Outdoor tables, chairs and seating provision
- Outdoor awnings, canopies, igloo bubbles, outdoor heating, marquee coverings
- Outdoor screening, bollards, planters
- Outdoor servery facilities
- Green Infrastructure schemes
- Other interventions can also be considered that facilitate social distancing outdoors such as shopfront modifications and courtyard or rear garden improvements
The grant is a partnership between Welsh Government and the local authority.
To find out more email the regeneration team on [email protected] or call 01656 815209.