People in Llanishen are being asked to share photographs of their favourite views for a competition.
McCarthy Stone, the leading manager and developer of retirement communities behind the Llys Isan Retirement Living Plus development on Ilex Close in Llanishen, is looking to capture some of the architecture and culture that can be found around every corner of the town, so it can be enjoyed by its new and prospective homeowners.
The competition aims to showcase photographs of scenery, wildlife and landscapes taken by amateur photographers and members of the community that encapsulate their favourite views on their daily walks. These might be well known views of the picturesque Cardiff Bay, leafy views of the local parks or shots of Cardiff Castle. They could be ‘best kept secrets’ or even have a personal meaning.
The Rt. Hon. The Lord Mayor of Cardiff, Councillor Rod McKerlich, will judge the competition. The winning photograph will be displayed in the homeowners’ lounge at Llys Isan, and the entrant will receive £100.
Nicki Beswarick, Divisional Marketing Manager for McCarthy Stone Southern, commented: “As the people of Wales continue to face restrictions due to the pandemic, we will all be spending more time getting out and about in our local areas for our daily exercise – and a wintery walk is the perfect opportunity to appreciate the landscapes and landmarks on our doorstep.
“Llanishen has so many stunning views and places to visit, and it is important that our new community at Llys Isan gets to discover some of these for themselves. In the meantime, we would encourage people in the town to take their cameras or phones when they are on their daily walks and capture photographs of Llanishen in all its splendour which can be entered into our competition.”
Each entrant is permitted to submit a maximum of five photos. These should be emailed to email@example.com by the closing date of Sunday 28th February 2021 with ‘Cardiff Photo Contest’ in the subject. In your email you should include your full name and a title for your photograph and where it was taken.
Open to all ages. Under 16s must ask an adult’s permission. Please ask permission of anyone who appears in your photo.
SUBMISSION SPECIFICATIONS: File Type should be: jpg, no larger than 3MB and landscape.
IMPORTANT: Before uploading your submission please check that file size and file type complies with the specifications; otherwise your entry could be rejected.
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to all UK residents, except employees of McCarthy Stone, their immediate family or anyone directly connected with this competition.
2. Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant. All submitters warrant that they own the photos submitted and they have exclusive copyright.
3. Entries submitted posthumously will not be eligible.
4. The closing date for receipt of entries is midnight on Sunday 28th February 2021.
5. To enter the competition, email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Llanishen Photo Contest’ in the subject header, and also your name and contact details in the email.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify inappropriate, incomplete or illegible entries.
7. Entrants may enter a maximum of five photos in total and may only enter once.
8. Entry into the competition is conditional upon the entrant having obtained all appropriate consents and a breach of this condition will result in the particular entrant being disqualified from the competition.
9. By entering into the competition, the entrant automatically grants McCarthy Stone with an unrestricted, non-exclusive, irrevocable and perpetual licence to use any photograph submitted to the competition for any purpose in which McCarthy Stone deem appropriate for their own business purposes. Photographers will receive credit with each use.
10. This competition will be judged by The Rt. Hon. The Lord Mayor of Cardiff, Councillor Rod McKerlich, in an independent and fair manner. The judges’ decision is final, and no individual correspondence shall be entered into. Judges are unable to comment on individual entries.
11. The organisers reserve the right to change the panel of judges without notice and not to award prizes if, in the opinion of the judges, such action is justified.
12. Entering the competition implies acceptance of all the above rules. Failure to comply with the entry requirements will result in disqualification. McCarthy Stone reserve the right to withdraw this competition as a result of unforeseen circumstances arising.
13. There is one prize of a £100 for 1st place.
14. Prize winner(s) will be notified by Friday 19th March 2021 and invited to a winner’s reception and photo shoot at a later date at Llys Isan, subject to Covid restrictions. We will notify the winner by email and/or telephone. If the winner cannot be contacted within one week McCarthy Stone reserve the right to choose an alternative winner.
15. The winner agrees to take part in non-paid publicity following their photography being chosen (including photography if required), relating to the competition.
16. The entrant’s personal data shall only be used for the proper administration of the competition unless the entrant has expressly opted in to receiving future marketing communications from McCarthy Stone via the entry form.
Promoter: McCarthy Stone plc, 4th Floor, 100 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth BH8 8AQ. References to “McCarthy Stone” in the Terms and Conditions includes any and all companies within the McCarthy Stone Group of Companies.