Helping your children out with their costumes can be an endearing and fun activity together. While there are many options for birthday, special events and Halloween costumes for girls, you need to find one that’s easy to make, comfortable to wear and one that your daughter will appreciate.
According to Chasing Fireflies, “Our girls’ costumes offer endless possibilities. Check out our “everyday heroes” costumes: These outfits celebrate police officers, astronauts, soldiers and more, all in age-appropriate, realistic styles that will let your girl slip into the role of her dream job.” So here are the 5 easiest costumes you can try for your daughter.
A rainbow fairy costume is a great option for your little one. It’s simple but still looks fun and festive! You can use a rainbow tutu and wig, as well as a mask that matches the colors of her hair. Add some glitter to make it even more magical. She’ll have so much fun twirling around in this costume!
If your daughter has a passion for fairy tales, this costume will be a hit. A black dress is the base of this outfit, but you can dress it up with a wide-brimmed hat, broomstick, cat and cauldron. The wand is optional but certainly adds to the look!
The flower fairy is a bit of an unconventional costume, but it’s a great one to try if you want to make your daughter feel like a princess. You can use flowers and other natural materials to decorate the costume or purchase them separately. Here are some ideas:
- Flowers and leaves – Use fake flowers and leaves in pastel colors such as pink and purple that match your little girl’s outfit. You can also use real ones if they are safe for children! Just be sure not to use anything poisonous like lilies or tulips because they may cause allergic reactions on sensitive skin.
- A tutu – Tutus are not just for ballet dancers anymore! They go perfectly with any flower fairy costume, so make sure yours has one!
If you and your daughter want to make a fun, quick costume, this one is a great choice. It’s easy to put together and will look amazing on her!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Black leggings or tights
- White shirt (preferably short-sleeved) with thin stripes running horizontally across it like the ones in this picture; if you can’t find one that looks exactly like that, no big deal! A plain white shirt will also work just fine.
- Cute shoes (flats are always great for costumes!)
If your daughter is a fan of DC Comics, then this costume will be right up her alley. This creative character combines stealth with gracefulness, making it a great choice for any little girl who loves to fly on the wings of the night.
For the Bat Girl Costume:
- Purchase a black baseball cap and a black tank top with a bat emblem on it (you can find these at most department stores).
- Pair these items with dark yoga pants or leggings and black boots or sneakers in order to complete your outfit!
There you have it, a collection of exciting and easy Halloween costumes that any young girl would love to wear. They are bright, colorful, and fun to make! Don’t forget to share your creations with us on social media!