The quality of mobile signal across Wales is constantly improving, however, there are still places where the quality of communication is not impressive. That’s why many people want to boost Vodafone signal in their home or office.
For many mobile users, signal amplifiers offer an affordable, reliable solution.
The mode of operation of an amplifier is very simple to understand. A receiving antenna is installed on the roof of the building to be covered. It is used to receive the signal emitted by operators (like Vodafone). This signal is amplified and broadcast inside the house’s premises through other transmitting antennas located in the building.
Some boosters can cover a large area of up to 15 rooms (depending on the structure of the building). This facilitates access for all your employees or homemates to GSM, 3G and 4G networks wherever they are in your building.
What are the main reasons to use a booster?
A signal booster has several advantages:
- A GSM amplifier can simultaneously amplify the signals of all British mobile operators.
- An amplifier can be used simultaneously by a large number of users without causing slowdowns.
- There are several models of repeaters / amplifiers capable of amplifying all 2G (GSM), 3G and 4G signals.
The amplifiers adapt perfectly to the size and needs of each company and house: each installation is designed to optimize the efficiency of the equipment according to the surface to be covered.
It is important to know that boosters only increase the frequency sent to them. Therefore, it is necessary to determine the signal frequency closest to your company or house on the provider’s website.
To do this, you need to enter the address of your company or house and check the location of the antennas of the nearest operators on the map. The power of the transmitted frequencies should also be checked.
- Next, you need to select the appropriate antenna and check the transmission frequency.
- Then mark the direction of the signal and point the external antenna of the repeater at the selected signal.
- Finally, it is important to choose the right network according to your company’s needs: 2G (GSM), 3G (for voice and data) and 4G (for data).
Important information to know about Vodafone signal booster
After the information necessary to install your booster has been collected, two additional criteria must be taken into account:
- Coverage area: amplifiers cover from 80 m2 to 4000 m2, from 1 to 15 rooms.
- Compatible frequencies: from 800 mHz to 2600 mHz.
– 1800 MHz frequency: GSM network connection (telephony) + EDGE network (low DATA / e-mail).
– 2100 MHz frequency: GSM connection (telephony) + 3G network (viewing on the Internet).
– 2600 MHz frequency: connection to GSM network (telephony) + 4G network (high-speed navigation).
Different Types of boosters
There are several types of amplifiers for different customer needs. With UCtel you can amplify your Vodafone signal anywhere!
Let’s start with boosters for individual homes. UCtell service amplifies the mobile signal up to 400 m2 in your home.
However, it should be noted that the coating may be reduced due to some building materials and the weakness of your external signal.
Some models amplify the signal on an area of up to 1000 m2.
Usually several frequency options are available in the line of amplifiers: 800/900/1800/2100/2600 MHz. But you can count on 1 or 2 frequency options for home up to 400 m2.
Office repeaters are provided too! Booster amplifiers increase mobile signal coverage in your office.
Your coverage is enhanced to 4,000 m2 in an open area, which is approximately equivalent to 10-15 rooms. All GSM, 3G and 4G networks can be strengthened according to your needs, only for voice or data.
Some models are specially adapted for large buildings and cover up to 100 rooms or more. This type of installation requires a specific configuration; ask for an individual study for your installation.
What about boosters for ships?
Boosters are specially designed to increase your mobile coverage on ships (ships, barges, ferries, yachts, cruisers).
Ground terminals of mobile operators send a signal at a distance of up to 30 km. This signal is received by omnidirectional antennas attached to your boat. For larger vessels, it is necessary to add linear amplifiers to guarantee good reception for all your passengers with coverage of up to 64,000 m2.
Car boosters offer another option on the modern market
Such a booster allows you to amplify the mobile signal in your car, truck or even in your fleet.
The antenna on the roof of the car receives a signal from all networks and sends it back to the DriveBoost amplifier installed inside.
This allows your employees or you to receive any mobile signal wherever it is, even in places with poor coverage.
How to install a signal booster?
In our modern world boosters are easy to install, the procedure as easy as possible:
- Simulate signal reception modeling using a mobile phone before installation to determine where the quality of network reception is good.
- Install an external antenna
- Use the included cable to connect the center unit (internal antenna) in the room.
- Place the center unit (internal antenna).
- Connect the power supply.
You can easily use the Internet or Important point when choosing a place to install antennas: external and internal antennas should be located as far apart as possible. This is necessary in order to prevent loop signaling. This is when the signal from the internal antenna is picked up by the external one. As a result, interference occurs and the system stops working efficiently. If the indoor antenna is directional, it should not be directed in the direction where the outdoor antenna is installed.
As you can see, signal boosters can make mobile communications far easier in areas where signal is not so strong naturally, making it easier than ever to have access to a network anywhere in the country.